DRC Forum | Register | Log in | Forum help | Search

After a portable dvd player...

DRC Forum
» General Discussion
    » Shopping
        » After a portable dvd player...
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Death

Thursday, April 26 2007, 13:34:07 #39960     After a portable dvd player...

Do any of you have any recommendations for portable dvd players? I want one for travelling, ideally for this year's visit to Canada (Aug). I'm after something with first and foremost, a good battery life. I'm looking for something like 3hrs+ because the DVDs I own are long ones generally, or one with the batteries that you put in, whatever they're called. I want something with a reasonable sized screen, not too small but not something that will take up the whole food tray on the plane. Quality is preferable but not essential as long as it's not like looking at a dog's dinner. The chances of me finding something that fits all that is like 0 but I just wondered if anybody knows of anything like that. Thanks.

P.S. Price shouldn't exceed 85 pounds if it can be avoided. In USD that is $170. In Canadian dollars that's roughly $190.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Wartex

Thursday, April 26 2007, 18:01:48 #39961     

Samsung or Toshiba, low end for under $170 will give you 4 - 7 hours (the most expensive parts of a portable DVD player is the lithium-ion batteries and the screen).

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Death

Friday, April 27 2007, 17:27:02 #39964     

Hearing well known companies is a good sign in my opinion, at least good ones. My bro has a DVD player by 'Schneider' and it plays hardly anything. Albeit mine's Alba and it's a bit crappy but it does play stuff Smile. I'll check those out Wartex, thanks.

|DRC| Death

Friday, April 27 2007, 17:47:45 #39965     

Is there any place you can buy spare batteries?

Jump to