Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Messiah

Thursday, September 9 2010, 10:16:46 #43097     

it does look good! i may have to give in an play me some Call of Duty

Profile | Send PM | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Strawberry

Friday, October 29 2010, 13:14:47 #43151     

I'll be getting this game nov. 9 . 10.... Very happy Damn im just too excited.. Very happy
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Messiah

Tuesday, November 16 2010, 12:05:11 #43201     

bought it this weekend for PS3 and have to say it pretty damn good. The emphasis on team play is great and there are some really good players out there. If anyone else is playing COD:Black Ops on PS3---hit me up

|DRC| Strawberry

Tuesday, November 16 2010, 16:02:51 #43206     

Got this game for pc... and i must say that its pretty good, still got some bugs, but the multiplayer is pretty fun.. Very happy
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Messiah

Tuesday, November 16 2010, 17:01:08 #43207     

bugs on PS3 also, but here are the current and future updates

Hey PS3 gamers,

We are listening to you and weve been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.

LIVE FIXES

11/5

- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of 'Sam Turret', 'Care Package' and 'Sentry Gun' killstreaks (commonly referred to as the care package glitch)

11/9
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu

11/10
- Users rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions

11/11
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly

11/12
- Launch: User could access a small platform outside of the intended play space below the rocket gantry by jumping to a very specific location; now blocked from access
- Launch: User could access a small area inside geometry at vents near Dom flag A by going prone and moving around in a very specific location; now blocked from access
- Some users reported that weapon attachment challenges were not resetting after prestige; now all are guaranteed to clear as soon as selecting the prestige option
IN PROGRESS

- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system
Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
Improved party system to ensure that parties dont get broken apart
Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
Prevention of killstreak selection getting disabled in Combat Training under rare conditions
Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions
Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions
Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
Additional online security enhancements
Array: Added collision to prevent players from partially clipping into a tree
Launch: Added collision to prevent players from strafe jumping onto an invisible ledge at the base of the rocket near B3
Summit: Added collision to prevent players from jumping to a location outside of the map boundary when in Custom Games where player speed is maxed out
Havana: Added collision to prevent players from jumping onto an invisible ledge above a doorway at C2
Nuketown: Adjusted a spawn point that would spawn players on top of a mannequins head when that mannequin was randomly spawned in that location
Disable ability to vote for a previous map twice in a row
Optimization to prevent friends list from spamming user while in game will improve game performance for users with large numbers of friends

*CALL OF DUTY FORUMS

|DRC| Wartex

Sunday, November 28 2010, 17:15:51 #43219     

Bought it a couple of days ago, played some MP, totally regret wasting $60. It has a spammy counterstrike/urbanterror feel and plays like (actually worse than) CS 1.6 with HL2 graphics. Maps are completely flat and the highest you can get is 2nd floor of a 2-floor building. The whole gameplay is like rats a maze.

You can't jump on simple objects that are a forth of your model height. I couldn't jump over a fucking barrel, come the fuck on! The game has a console feel from the first couple of seconds and the spawn system is retarded, enemies can respawn right behind your back.

Don't get me started on prone speed. People run up to you, press "prone" button and drop faster than a bag of frozen shit on Jupiter, then spam you to death before you have a chance to lower the crosshair. Lather, rinse, repeat.

The netcode is fucking atrocious, I'm playing on a canadian server with ping 60 and most people ping 40-110, and from time to time I will lag, warp, others will warp. For 2011 game and modern connections, even with packet loss, this is totally unacceptable. Q3 from 2001 has smoother play on dialup.

Map art is very nice tho, they did a great job texturing everything and models are nice too. Gun shot sounds are far from authentic but on the other hand are more pleasing to hearing than other games. The death animations are also very shitty, worst of all I seen in recent games. It's like ragdoll physics but the ragdolls get random limb rigor mortis right after being shot.

After playing Battlefield Bad Company 2, Black Ops feels like an amateur mod of a 3 year old game - don't believe me, play BC2 for a day and then play Black Ops. The reason it's so popular is because it's on multiple platform and it's very, very heavily marketed. It's Britney Spears of games and you either love it or hate it. I personally hate it because the game is just a very dumb FPS with some pathetic attempt at strategy, it plays like FFA on DM17 with everyone having machineguns and grenade launchers.

Military ranks in BO are totally fake too, and it has nothing on BC2 weapons, projectile physics or vehicles. Maps are fucking tiny compared to BC2 (100x100 meters compared to 2000x500 meters in BC2). Considering bad company is $20 on steam now, it's totally worth it. The only destructible objects in BO that I found, might be wrong, are glass bottles and windows. Window destruction is actually done right (better than BC) - you can shoot out individual glass pieces.

The game is not complete shit, but it plays like an arcade with a 2-button joystick, I don't know, technically it's far behind, it's not a technology statement like iD games and it's not innovative like DICE games. It felt "old" the moment it was released.

Compare BC2 gameplay to BO:

Bad company 2:

Link on YouTube

Link on YouTube

Link on YouTube

Black Ops:

Link on YouTube

Link on YouTube

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Messiah

Monday, November 29 2010, 00:04:52 #43220     

i like it on console!

|DRC| Wartex

Monday, November 29 2010, 21:13:01 #43221     

|DRC| Messiah wrote:
i like it on console!

Yea, BO is something I'd play on a console but would never play on a PC, and BC2 is opposite. It would be retarded hard to run and quickscope someone a mile away with a joypad. Same thing for fighting games, you can get a USB controller for a PC but it's just not the same as console. I applaud Treyarch for making a great console shooter, but PC port of it is just weaksauce for me.

|DRC| Messiah

Wednesday, December 8 2010, 11:16:20 #43224     

so get a console. I have been playing COD:BO every night for hours. I recommend a PS3 as it offers more for the money.

|DRC| Wartex

Wednesday, December 8 2010, 18:32:15 #43226     

|DRC| Messiah wrote:
so get a console. I have been playing COD:BO every night for hours.

Well, I play BC2 for hours every night so buying a console just to play a handful of games is just not feasible, especially buying a console to play FPS games, it's like cutting your leg off to justify a wheelchair purchase. I'm not happy with the direction the whole PS3 hardware achitecture is going despite being retarded powerful for a console, and paying $59 for games I can get on steam sale for $20 a dozen or microsofts' "games for windows" site for 99 cents (that's right, STALKER was 0.99 yesterday) is just retarded. I have a Wii that can run BO so buying PS3 is wasteful too.

I recommend a PS3 as it offers more for the money.

It doesn't because consoles are loss leaders that capitalize on games, it is the very business model of consoles to not give more for the money. PC is exact opposite - games can be pirated before being bought and if you like it you can buy it later on sale for a fraction of a PS3 disk cost.

I also haven't seen any exclusives that would interest me enough to buy a PS3. I'll think about it, maybe for BD playback but other than that - meh.

|DRC| Messiah

Thursday, December 9 2010, 15:28:19 #43228     

|DRC| Wartex wrote:
|DRC| Messiah wrote:
so get a console. I have been playing COD:BO every night for hours.

Well, I play BC2 for hours every night so buying a console just to play a handful of games is just not feasible, especially buying a console to play FPS games, it's like cutting your leg off to justify a wheelchair purchase. I'm not happy with the direction the whole PS3 hardware achitecture is going despite being retarded powerful for a console, and paying $59 for games I can get on steam sale for $20 a dozen or microsofts' "games for windows" site for 99 cents (that's right, STALKER was 0.99 yesterday) is just retarded. I have a Wii that can run BO so buying PS3 is wasteful too.

Yes, I agree that a PC is better for an FPS game as I am from the doom generation. I have had ps3 since it came out and I own about 7 games. I am very slective about the games I buuy because paying 59.99 for a game that could potentially suck , bothers me. I do my research and buy a game I know I will enjoy, or if its on sale.

|DRC| Wartex wrote:
|DRC| Messiah wrote:
I recommend a PS3 as it offers more for the money.

It doesn't because consoles are loss leaders that capitalize on games, it is the very business model of consoles to not give more for the money. PC is exact opposite - games can be pirated before being bought and if you like it you can buy it later on sale for a fraction of a PS3 disk cost.

I also haven't seen any exclusives that would interest me enough to buy a PS3. I'll think about it, maybe for BD playback but other than that - meh.

PS3 has some pretty good exclusives like, Uncharted 2 with upcoming 3. Killzone series, dead space series, GT5 for car lovers, metal gear series has been awesome, god of war 3, etc etc They are out there, you just have to look for them. The games keep getting better. Plus the system does offer BLU RAY as well as a full multi media console with blue tooth connection for everything from remotes,headsets, and controllers, It also streams movies and videos. The media server setup is pretty good too. Allowing you to transfer files from ps3 - PC. The online community is free unlike xbox live.. There are some advantages to having a ps3. Consider a decent Blu ray player will cost you 200-300 bucks and the PS3 is about 300 now. Iupgraded my HDD to 500 GIG from the 40 gig it came with. But...its a preference

Jump to