Bought a Sony DCR-DVD108 Handycam

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Photo, Audio & Video Production
        » Bought a Sony DCR-DVD108 Handycam
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Iceman

Friday, November 16 2007, 22:41:33 #40628     Bought a Sony DCR-DVD108 Handycam

After reading a shit load of information, price shopping, I managed to find myself an awesome deal on a factory sealed DRC-DVD108 Handycam! Smile .....I have to say so far I am pretty impressed with it, but I'm still trying to figure out all the functions.................To be quite frank I usually Anti-Sony because they have their hands into too many things, and I find it hard to believe that they can produce top of the line everything..........but this was a deal that I could not pass up...........now all I have to do is buy some mini DVD's and test it! hehe..........I just picked up a Memory Stick PRO Duo tonight, a 5 in 1 SanDisk card reader for the Duo, and a LG DVD 20X DVD burner that I haven't installed yet. I'm thinking its going to be a weekend project Very happy

In case your wondering why I went out and bought this stuff, I am getting married in January and want to have things set up to record it ahead of time. Dmitry, once I get this up and running you should pop by sometime and give it a few trial runs Very happy
Profile | Send PM

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Wartex

Wednesday, November 21 2007, 23:49:09 #40635     

MiniDV is better for future editing because video is not as compressed and you can copy it to your pc and edit it without damaging the quality. DVD on the other hand is ready-to-watch, rewinds/fast forwards hundreds times faster than DV but has lower quality and runtime per DVD (1.4 gigs) versus MiniDV casette (13 GB).

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Iceman

Friday, November 23 2007, 02:35:04 #40640     

Thanks for the info Smile ......I was just looking at Tri-pods and was wondering if yours would work with my DVD camcorder? If so could you bring it with you to the wedding? If you can't let me know because I will need to buy one. There is going to be lots of people seeing the DVD so I want it to make sure it is decent quality Smile ......I know you'll do a great job anyways, but a tri-pod would definatley make for a better movie Smile
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Wartex

Thursday, November 29 2007, 01:21:26 #40669     

I think it will work.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

Jump to