DRC Forum | Register | Log in | Forum help | Search

Buying a Sony Projection TV?

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Photo, Audio & Video Production
        » Buying a Sony Projection TV?
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Iceman

Friday, March 16 2007, 13:30:13 #39680     Buying a Sony Projection TV?

I was considering on buying a second hand (like new) Sony 51" projection TV, and thought I would google it just to find out some info on it, and this is what I found.

http://www.pechorin.com/m/2007/01/11/sony_kp51ws500-282152.html

Just some food for thought before buying a Sony big screen Very happy If you have one, pray nothing goes wrong with it, or be prepaired to shell out some serious quid to have it fixed. Needless to say I won't be buying one Laughing
Profile | Send PM

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Death

Friday, March 16 2007, 15:20:22 #39681     Re: Buying a Sony Projection TV?

|DRC| Iceman wrote:
...serious quid to have it fixed.
You say that in Canada? It's a day2day word here in Birmingham but I think you Canadians said 'bucks'? Almost everybody had the same problem, I'd stear clear.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Wartex

Friday, March 16 2007, 20:03:27 #39685     

This is 8 people who googled for the same model and got to the same forum to bitch about it, out of a few hundred thousands. No one would go there to praise it. This is not an indicator of quality, just a sign that expensive shit can be unreliable, sometimes. But in general stay clear from projection TVs, you can get an LCD projector and a screen that allows projection from behind, and you will have the same shit, but much longer lasting, portable, bigger diagonal and reliable. Bulbs live 2000-3000 hours, $100-200 to replace.

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Marblecake

Saturday, March 17 2007, 12:15:56 #39690     

I always had trouble with my sony tv's. They always fuck up. Trinitrons are the worst. Wegas are ok to a point"must be HD".

If you want a good tv go with a samsung. You go into any store they are the most clear and brightest out of the bunch. My gf has a elite 60in and a samsung 50 something. The samsung looks way better and the elite was like 10g's when they got it.

One word "SAMSUNG"

Last edited by |DRC| Marblecake on 20:33, Saturday Mar 17 2007; edited 1 time in total
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| SLIM

Saturday, March 17 2007, 18:43:56 #39698     

My girl has a trinitron that is at least 15 years old and still works great. My dad bought it back in the day, later gave it to me, and I recently gave it to her. You never know
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE

|DRC| Iceman

Saturday, March 17 2007, 19:40:24 #39699     

|DRC| Marblecake wrote:
I always had trouble with my sony tv's. They always fuck up. Trinitrons are the worst. Wegas are ok to a point"must be HD".

If you want a good tv go with a samsung. You go into any store they are the most clear and brightest out of the bunch. My gf has a elite 60in and a samsung 50 something. The samsung looks way better and the elite was like 10g's when they got it.

One word "SAMSUNG"

You know I have heard this from a few different people now. I have also read that DLP's are better and more reliable then plasma's as well.

http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/plasmatelevision.html
Profile | Send PM

OLDie

Sunday, March 18 2007, 18:28:13 #39704     

We have a Samsung (plasma) and a Toshiba (rear projector) both are great TV's. However, the Samsung picture is second to none, at 43" it has an incredible picture no matter at what angle you are sitting.

DITTO SAMSUNG!! Love

Jump to