Finally getting started

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Automotive
        » Finally getting started
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Wang

Sunday, February 12 2006, 00:46:55 #32833     Finally getting started

After drooling countless hours looking at parts for my car and hoping, I'm finally starting the first phase of my car's upgrades. My goal is 500hp-600hp hopefully without making too much of a sacrifice in torque. These first purchases were made without knowing anyone close to the parts dealers, so I know I'm getting the anal treatment without the lube when it comes to buying retail. Slightly over $1500 is the first phase of about 10 that I have planned already. This is what I started with:
C&L Cold Air Intake

BBK 62mm Dual Throttle Body

Flowmaster Axle-Back Exhaust

Predator Computer Tuner

and a Push Button Ignition just because I like the way it looks, lol.

I'm fucking excited! No birthdays, no Christmas', never asking of anything for myself besides socks and boxers and now I get to start work on my car. I feel like a kid in a candy store, but at the same time I feel guilty for buying this stuff. I dont know why, maybe it has to do with the fact that I've never spent this much cash on something for myself besides buying the actual car. But that felt different anyway.

Anyway, feel free to comment. The parts should be here this coming week and I'll get some pics of the installation and post them up here.
I see Honesty and Greed fighting with lightsabers. Honesty is decapitated, and Greed takes a steamy piss on the dead body. -Wartex Maul 3:16-
Profile | Send PM | WWW | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Marblecake

Monday, February 13 2006, 21:08:27 #32839     

Now place inline aeromotive pump and sump and your good to go. TEhehehehehehehehehe. Thats what I use anyways.

|DRC| Wang

Tuesday, February 14 2006, 12:09:48 #32853     

Fatter injectors w/ inline pump will be coming soon. Smile Oh and a Meziere electric water pump.

|DRC| Iceman

Tuesday, February 14 2006, 13:20:38 #32854     

I think I can see Wangs hardon from here Hump
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Wang

Tuesday, February 14 2006, 15:22:25 #32858     

So can the little green men living on Mars. When I get a hard on it disrupts the earth's normal axis. Laughing

|DRC| Wartex

Tuesday, February 14 2006, 17:42:49 #32862     

Use only the finest Maxwell coffee cans for exhaust Cover Laughing

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Wang

Wednesday, February 15 2006, 14:15:15 #32874     

I got the Flowmasters on last night. That fucking car sounds mean as hell. No fart cans here, the Mustang growls. Hehehehe, cant wait to drive it tonight.

|DRC| Iceman

Wednesday, February 15 2006, 15:20:26 #32876     

You should post a couple pics while smoke'n the tires...heh Very happy
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Wang

Thursday, February 16 2006, 10:04:38 #32892     

Oh, I'll get some pictures. You can bet on that.

|DRC| Wang

Saturday, February 18 2006, 10:44:08 #32978     

Mufflers, cold air intake, and computer tune installed and rumbling like an etheopian kid's stomach hehe. I'm looking for the usb cable for my digital camera and I'll get some pics for ya'll.

|DRC| Iceman

Saturday, February 18 2006, 13:46:51 #32985     

Stop yaking about posting pics and do it will ya already! Twak! Very happy
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| psycheus

Sunday, February 19 2006, 14:47:18 #33026     

Nice Wanginator! So was I mistaken or do you have the V-6 not the GT? (Sorry I'm not trying to bash, I'm just not into Stangs). Those are great upgrades, but how are you going to get that much HP out? What is your plan, Twin Turbo, Pro Supercharger, Nitrous? Do you have a digi camera, I'd like to hear that growl. I love the sound of V-8's.

I'm still working on my Turbo setup for my Civic. I haven't had much time lately b/c of the move and all. I will be starting my project starting this summer and my goal is going to be about 300 HP+ on a mild setup.

|DRC| Iceman

Sunday, February 19 2006, 15:06:22 #33030     

I didn't realize Ford still put V6's in Mustangs..........I thought they stopped that along time ago in the 80's Confused
Profile | Send PM

Mykro

Monday, February 20 2006, 00:41:31 #33048     

Haha acually, they didn't start until recently. Up until 93-94 range, you could either get a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder or the 305 "5.0" v8. Now, (not sure about 2006) they come with the 4.6 liter v8, or the feeble 3.8 liter v6. Until you go up to the Cobra, which gets a nice fat supercharger Very happy

|DRC| Iceman

Monday, February 20 2006, 00:49:34 #33049     

I believe I saw an 89' Mustang LX hatchback, with a straight 6 in it (stock), and I knew a girl that had the litterly the same car and year with a 4 cylinder in it Laughing I never really understood that, but it was stock as well. Show butt
Profile | Send PM

Mykro

Monday, February 20 2006, 11:32:53 #33062     

It's possible. I don't have a real wide knowledge base on mustangs. I think it's funny that I own a civic that eats GT's Very happy Not the one you see pics of, I have a project civic that sits away.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Iceman

Tuesday, February 21 2006, 01:53:09 #33087     

Eat them as in what exactly?? Their exhaust Dizzy Too much exhaust is bad for your health you know Stoned
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Marblecake

Tuesday, February 21 2006, 14:13:57 #33092     

|DRC| Mykro wrote:
Haha acually, they didn't start until recently. Up until 93-94 range, you could either get a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder or the 305 "5.0" v8. Now, (not sure about 2006) they come with the 4.6 liter v8, or the feeble 3.8 liter v6. Until you go up to the Cobra, which gets a nice fat supercharger Very happy

They actually switched to a 4.6 in 95 or 96 I do believe. They also run stupid fucking plastic intake plenums.<<<<<< Very bad.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Marblecake

Tuesday, February 21 2006, 14:15:17 #33093     

I smoked a GT on the highway last night. It was BAD!!!! The new GT ontop of it. IN let him down shift and I started to laugh and CYAAAAAAAAA!

Mykro

Friday, February 24 2006, 13:26:31 #33164     

|DRC| Iceman wrote:
Eat them as in what exactly?? Their exhaust Dizzy Too much exhaust is bad for your health you know Stoned

Haha no..I don't know how may people are honda fans here, but my old 95 civic coupe had a b18b swap (Integra LS) with a b16b head (Civic Type-R), running 12:1 compression. the block had gsr pistons, yadda yadda. Revved to around 8700 safely, and put out ( in my estimation) around 210 whp. Brought it to a local raceway and ran a 14.2 the only time i got to run it. Seeing as all the mustangs there were still in the high 14's, low 15's, that's what I mean by eat Smile
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Wang

Saturday, June 17 2006, 00:18:00 #35228     

Ok, I know I have been gone a while...but let me tell you my little upgrade package has paid off.

I have installed the C & L cold air intake kit, Flowmaster exhaust, and the Diablosport Predator computer tuning. At the SHITTIEST track in all of fucking Texas I have run a 13.84 time in the 1/4 mile. I plan on taking it to San Antonio Raceway (google it for info) which probably has the sweetest warmup and the best tree in all of the state. Now I want to see a nice little civic smoke me...one that is registered and inspected legal by the state. I think not.

BTW, I have installed the push button ignition switch and I am fucking loving it. So are the sorority chicks at the track.....lick my balls honda, I'm pushing 310 rwhp on $1500 upgrades.

|DRC| Death

Saturday, June 17 2006, 04:46:30 #35231     

Can you post some pics Wang?
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Marblecake

Sunday, June 18 2006, 13:18:18 #35238     

I make cars go pssssssssssssssssssssh kooooooooooooooooooooo. Sorry bad blow off valve noise.

|DRC| Wang

Friday, October 13 2006, 20:40:26 #37015     

Newest upgrades:

BBK 62mm twin throttle body
Granatelli Motorsports Underdrive pulleys
JPC Lightweight aluminium driveshaft
JBA silver ceramic shorty headers
BBK intake cover
Eibach sport springs
CDC hood struts
CDC pedal covers
CDC hood pins

on back order: Hurst short throw shifter

Pics will come, having camera issues

|DRC| Iceman

Saturday, October 14 2006, 09:43:11 #37022     

Hump Hump
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Marblecake

Tuesday, October 17 2006, 10:31:23 #37082     

Heads up on the underdrive. Some make alt's go BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!

|DRC| Wang

Wednesday, October 18 2006, 20:40:04 #37099     

Hav'nt installed underdrive's yet. Dont think they gave me the right damper! Fuckers...

|DRC| psycheus

Thursday, October 26 2006, 08:28:46 #37308     

Nice Wangy! Guess what.. I finally picked up a turbo kit for my honda Very happy. It's a Greddy kit that will produce around 200 whp on my stock motor and 250-260 whp on a built motor. I have some pictures I will post later.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | SKYPE

Jump to