Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

DRC Forum
» General Discussion
    » Books, Photography, Music and Movies
        » Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Death

Wednesday, July 11 2007, 13:47:28 #40206     Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

Don't ever think for one minute that the HP series is based at kids. I'm seeing the movie on Saturday and pre-ordered my copy of the Deathly Hallows :).

Anybody seen it yet? (Messiah, you're usually one for movies! :))
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Messiah

Wednesday, July 11 2007, 15:51:33 #40210     

Yeah.. I will be seeing it as i loved all of them... This one didnt get such great reviews.. Ill still watch it and the next two when they come out as well..

Profile | Send PM | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Syntax

Wednesday, July 11 2007, 17:11:57 #40211     

My girlfriend saw it last night at a midnight showing, I can tell ya'll overall if it's good or not based on her review (will update this, no worries, i won't post spoilers)

EDIT:
"Yeah, doesn't go in depth to the book, but was a good movie."

Her words.

|DRC| Death

Thursday, July 12 2007, 13:29:25 #40224     

I wouldn't expect it to. The book is like 10000 pages lol. Oh well, I'll see it anyway.

FreeSausage

Saturday, July 14 2007, 01:14:59 #40227     

I saw it at midnight on Tuesday. I've read all the books and love them. The Order of the Phoenix was probably my favorite book, but the movie lacked. I thought it was very boring at times. There just wasn't enough going on for me. It seemed very slow. I liked the movie, but it just wasn't exciting enough. I though the fight between Dumbledore and Voldemort looked terrible. I honestly laughed during it. It just needed more.

Overall: 7/10
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Sunday, July 15 2007, 13:18:49 #40233     

I seen it today. Very long (2 hr 40 min) but was okay. Agreed Sausage the Dumbledore/Voldemort fight was terrible lol. Apart from that it was okay.

7/10 also.

|DRC| Zoe

Sunday, July 15 2007, 14:13:01 #40234     

2hr and 40 mins? ... at my theater it was 2 hr 18 min. I saw it a few days ago and again as usual the books have sooo much more content. Although this movie was not my favorite of the series so far it was okay. Thought it was slow at times. Death, no book hints, Ive pre-ordered it, but Im not gonna get time to read it for awhile.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

FreeSausage

Sunday, July 15 2007, 17:57:25 #40235     

The first two movies were the best. After the original Dumbledore died and they switched directors it went down hill. The first two movies felt more like the books. The last three movies were shot terribly. The camera just didn't flow well I didn't think. The Goblet of Fire was decent but Prisoner of Azkaban and Order of the Phoenix were not up to par.
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Monday, July 16 2007, 12:43:37 #40241     

Prisoner is my favourite movie. Pheonix is my favourite book (so far anyway)

Ok Zoe Smile

|DRC| Death

Saturday, July 21 2007, 08:04:31 #40255     

Got my book. Reading it now as I type. Page 191... Smile

|DRC| Death

Saturday, July 21 2007, 19:32:15 #40256     

Finished it. Can't help but feel I've rushed the book Neutral. Oh well it's so tempting and I know who dies/lives now. Smile. Don't worry I won't tell. If you would rather me tell you then PM me.

|DRC| Zoe

Sunday, July 22 2007, 08:20:13 #40257     

Im taking my time reading it, want to enjoy it. How long did it take you to get through it? Twak!
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Death

Sunday, July 22 2007, 15:00:20 #40258     

18 hours Smile

|DRC| Messiah

Monday, July 23 2007, 19:13:38 #40261     

Just saw it.. I must say, having seen all the previous movies, this one wasnt that bad. Its a big twist in the series and the movie really sets up the next two books/movies. All the movies up to this point have been pretty fun light hearted movies, with the exception with the goblet of fire which had some dark elements in it. I think the movie did lack something, but it paves the way for the next couple of books/movies. This one is very dark and a bit disturbing for anyone under the age of 12 (in my opinion) Its worth seeing.. its not my favorite one of the series but still good. I liked Goblet of fire!

FreeSausage

Monday, July 23 2007, 22:43:29 #40263     

After downloading it and watching it again, I just wish that the Dumbledore/Voldemort fight would've been more intense. It's the only book in which they fought, yet it was so short in the movie. It was just disappointing to me... Sad
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Messiah

Tuesday, July 24 2007, 00:30:59 #40264     

yeah the fight did seem short... didnt read the book so I cant compare... but I must say the only 3 movies I have ever seen that lived up to the book was.. Shawshank, Interview with a vampire, stand by me...
Anything else I have read has always been a disappointment on the big screen especially Hannibal and red dragon

FreeSausage

Wednesday, July 25 2007, 13:48:32 #40266     

Yeah. That's how it is with almost all novel to movie conversions. The Harry Potter movies, for the most party, coincide with the books fairly well. The first three were almost exactly like the books except for minor details. The last two missed quite a bit, but I'm sure that's because the books were quite long so they had to make the movies fit into a realistic time frame. The Dumbledore/Voldemort fight should have been much better though. The books always stated that Dumbledore was the only wizard Voldemort ever feared and this was the only book in which they dueled. The duel only lasted five minutes though with each casting two or three spells? Sad and disappointing. Sad
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Saturday, November 24 2007, 19:57:54 #40648     

I thought The Shining lived up to the book pretty well.

Jump to