Everyone please watch this!!!
Don't forget to turn HD on.

http://www.youtube.com/homeproject
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

Noderoom

Monday, June 8 2009, 00:15:00 #42096     

"In 200,000 years on Earth, humanity has upset the balance of the planet, established by nearly four billion years of evolution. The price to pay is high, but it's too late to be a pessimist: humanity has barely ten years to reverse the trend, become aware of the full extent of its spoliation of the Earth's riches and change its patterns of consumption."

I don't know who came up with the ultimatum of ten years specifically, or what exactly is supposed to happen at that time, seeing as they don't really say, but the implication is that after that point, it will be too late to reverse the effects of whatever human activities are currently being targeted.

What I do know is this: the majority of people in western culture will not submit to radical lifestyle changes without FIRST HAND, widespread observation of the supposed changes that will doom us all. I guarantee you that people for the most part will not make significant changes until their own lives have been affected first. So, assuming for the moment that this is true, we can do an objective test. In ten years, 2019, we will see just how catastrophic it gets around here.

I do not believe we're on the verge of environmental collapse, and I'm getting pretty goddamn tired of hearing the word green, but none of that matters. Personally, I'd rather die choking on pollution than to live in a clean environment where entire countries are forced to live in carbon-copy "green" communes, driving SMART cars at 30 mph.
Profile | Send PM

Noderoom

Monday, June 8 2009, 00:27:54 #42097     

Nothing like spectacular shots of landscapes and horizons from a helicopter to dazzle people and persuade them with emotion.
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Blackshark

Monday, June 8 2009, 04:03:51 #42103     

ohh man sorry to say that but thats pathetic.
you really do live in your own universe without seeing the guy next to you.
maybe you should take a look at the majority of us citizens and how well they live.
but i guess for people like you its already to late to wake up.

and no i won't apologize!

Noderoom

Monday, June 8 2009, 11:24:32 #42104     

There is no apology necessary for voicing one's viewpoints. I believe that the mark of an intelligent and civilized people is the ability to disagree openly with one another, and yet not be at each other's throats.

As for the issue at hand, I would say that if the majority of people live "well", then we wouldn't really be on the verge of global disaster.

Maybe it is different where you live, and I certainly hope so, but where I am, most people give off an air of apathy towards anything and anyone that doesn't directly contribute to what they want in that moment. The ground in front of the balconies of our appartments is littered with cigarette butts. The parking lot fills up with trash. People are not courteous.

I am not saying that people SHOULDN'T live differently, I am saying that they will not, based on years of evaluating their psychological character.

If you could find a way to make them not just care about the planet, but give a damn about each other for once, I could be convinced to join that cause.
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Wartex

Monday, June 8 2009, 13:07:35 #42105     

|DRC| Noderoom wrote:
I believe that the mark of an intelligent and civilized people ....

Is that why you said "gay" in someone's welcome thread?

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

Noderoom

Monday, June 8 2009, 13:23:11 #42108     

Hey i just said that that was the benchmark, not that *I* was intelligent Tongue
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Monday, June 8 2009, 14:17:51 #42110     

I personally think that we're not as close to environmental disaster as scientists make out. If we really were this close to doom, there would be a LOT of change. And Noderoom I think your first description is spot on. Nobody is going to change unless it affects them first hand.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Blackshark

Monday, June 8 2009, 14:38:52 #42111     

maybe you should start thinking in the correct scope.
don't just think about your own neighborhood.

and i am not all about "green" i honestly believe nuclear power is the one which is going to help us before we manage to develop real scope power generators only based on water, solar and thermal energy. however one has to know how to efficiently use nuclear power. and what to do with the so called "waste" which is really just a concentrated product of the u235 gathered beforehand.

|DRC| Ryxan

Monday, June 8 2009, 16:14:10 #42113     

Live for yourself.

|DRC| Death

Monday, June 8 2009, 17:02:37 #42114     

x2 Ryxan.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

Jump to