DRC - Digital reality crew logo
DRC Forum | Register | Log in | Forum help | Search

Introduction


DRC Forum
» Announcements
    » Introductions
        » Introduction
            » Page 1 of 1

  Post new topicReply to topic

Author Message
Zenex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 06:19:55 #27600     Introduction


Hi,
I'm a die hard quake fan. I also know I can get much better at it, and plan to soon.

Oh yea, I also have some sort of real life involving kids, umm, though the details are sketchy right now. More on that later. Oh yea, it's coming back to me...kids...job...bills...house... What was that about quake again?

Zenex is some kinda take on my philosophies: I believe in meditation, Buddhist teachings, Jesus as my saviour, finding inner happiness, peace, marriage (sorry marblecake), everyone else should pack a gun all the time too, sorta zen to the extreme

I believe I heard somewhere that women are attractive, mentally stable, and single. Choose two.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
Sponsored Ad






Today #     Sponsored Ads


WWW
 
|DRC| SLIM






Sunday, July 24 2005, 06:47:53 #27605     


What buddhist teachings exacxtly?> good to see ya postin zenex Tongue

How old are you btw?
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE
 
|DRC| Marblecake






Sunday, July 24 2005, 08:51:40 #27608     


Hey whats up, dont worry about the "M" word. Like Oldie maybe no keepers yet.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Elusive






Sunday, July 24 2005, 11:34:12 #27626     


dam dude. that names deep
welcome
Profile | Send PM | AIM | MSN | SKYPE
 
OLDie






Sunday, July 24 2005, 13:14:27 #27631     


|DRC| Marblecake wrote:
Hey whats up, dont worry about the "M" word. Like Oldie maybe no keepers yet.


HAHAHA! Always trying to prod me Marble... LOL!! NO DAUGHTERS FOR YOU!!

Welcome aboard Zenex! Good
_________________
The Harder You Work The Luckier You Get!
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
|DRC| Wartex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 13:22:40 #27635     


Sup Zenex. Very happy

Welcome to the forum!

Wanted to clarify a few things from your PM:

1) To play battle, you need to run it as a deicated server, i.e. with parameters "+set vm_game 2 +set dedicated 2 +set fs_game battle +exec cfg/custom/ffa.cfg"
2) I did not write battle docs, only whatever is on this forum
3) I am not X1^CHAMPi, and I did not write battle
4) Jesus is a pagan scandinavian god (Esus). Messiah's name is Isus [ee s 'oo s] Kristos [K r ee s t 'o s] - read old testament, preferably jewish one. Very happy
_________________

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
|DRC| Wartex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 13:23:06 #27636     


|DRC| OLDie wrote:
|DRC| Marblecake wrote:
Hey whats up, dont worry about the "M" word. Like Oldie maybe no keepers yet.


HAHAHA! Always trying to prod me Marble... LOL!! NO DAUGHTERS FOR YOU!!

Welcome aboard Zenex! Good


I thought Rarek took them?
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
OLDie






Sunday, July 24 2005, 13:27:26 #27639     


|DRC| Wartex wrote:
|DRC| OLDie wrote:
|DRC| Marblecake wrote:
Hey whats up, dont worry about the "M" word. Like Oldie maybe no keepers yet.


HAHAHA! Always trying to prod me Marble... LOL!! NO DAUGHTERS FOR YOU!!

Welcome aboard Zenex! Good


I thought Rarek took them?


NO DAUGHTERS FOR HIM EITHER!! Nope Mr Green
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Anonymous

Guest




Sunday, July 24 2005, 13:40:19 #27643     


I didn't had very good Zen Teacher's, thats why i didn't practice it. But nice to see someone is practicing Zen, maybe we can talk sd about it.

Well nice to meet you Zenex and hope to see you arround.
 
Zenex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 15:02:11 #27651     


I am 32 years old old

Wartex, thanks for the info, and if you run the battle install executable, email@wartex.net and forum.drc.su pop up all over the pre-install documentation. It even looks like your the author of the first eula (description, whatever it's called). And, your one smart fothermucker. You seem to know a little (or more) about alot of things.

As for risking starting a religious debate...here goes:
The teachings of the Buddha (not a religion, Siddhartha Gotma did his best to prevent that perception) teach that there is inner peace to be found during this existance. Most other paths (or religions or philosophies) instruct you to 'devote yourself completely to {fill in blank here} and you will find happiness by default.' I was raised on McD's and prime time tv...I can't wait! Instant gratification whore. Ok, so maybe that's pushing the idea, but I do suffer now, and I do want to take measures during my lifetime to make that a minimum. Isn't it Oldie's signature that says, (sorry if I get it slightly off) 'the harder you work, the luckier you get.' Exactly! Work hard at anything and you don't just get luckier, you get better. Luck happens as a byproduct of experience and commitment. So, if you focus on yourself hardcore (meditate) you will be able to find the things that keep coming back to your mind like a poison. Not just find them, but take the necessary steps that are unique to the person to erradicate them. I have evils in my head. I hate everyone much too often. Fuck you all, oops there it goes. That's not very peaceful. I am not a vindictive person, or even a mean one, but the feeling of disgust at the world from this perception is sometimes overwhelming. Hense: Quake! Log in (or single player) and blast the fucking shit out of whatever is in your way. Quake is my fallback when my other means don't seem to work so well. As for guns, I understand the frustrations of existance pretty well, and can understand (not agree with) why someone would rob someone at gunpoint for money to buy their crack. They choose not to work hard. They need Zen! So, I believe we all should carry a comparable gun, so when everyone's favorite neighborhood crack-thug decides to have his way with you, Darwin and natural selection of the fittest will prevail. In other words, kill him for all of us, please. But don't shoot people needlessly, that would be mean. Mean people suck. And don't ever ever steal.
I am trying to get my karma to run over my dogma, as openly as possible.
I haven't even spoken this many words in a year, but they seemed to flow just now...this post may be more appropriate for another thread, I didn't start out with that intention. Oh well, I have spilled all my innerds (tennessee word) to a group of near strangers. Hope someone gets something useful out of it Smile
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
OLDie






Sunday, July 24 2005, 16:24:05 #27661     


zenex wrote:
I am 32 years old old

Wartex, thanks for the info, and if you run the battle install executable, email@wartex.net and forum.drc.su pop up all over the pre-install documentation. It even looks like your the author of the first eula (description, whatever it's called). And, your one smart fothermucker. You seem to know a little (or more) about alot of things.

As for risking starting a religious debate...here goes:
The teachings of the Buddha (not a religion, Siddhartha Gotma did his best to prevent that perception) teach that there is inner peace to be found during this existance. Most other paths (or religions or philosophies) instruct you to 'devote yourself completely to {fill in blank here} and you will find happiness by default.' I was raised on McD's and prime time tv...I can't wait! Instant gratification whore. Ok, so maybe that's pushing the idea, but I do suffer now, and I do want to take measures during my lifetime to make that a minimum. Isn't it Oldie's signature that says, (sorry if I get it slightly off) 'the harder you work, the luckier you get.' Exactly! Work hard at anything and you don't just get luckier, you get better. Luck happens as a byproduct of experience and commitment. So, if you focus on yourself hardcore (meditate) you will be able to find the things that keep coming back to your mind like a poison. Not just find them, but take the necessary steps that are unique to the person to erradicate them. I have evils in my head. I hate everyone much too often. Fuck you all, oops there it goes. That's not very peaceful. I am not a vindictive person, or even a mean one, but the feeling of disgust at the world from this perception is sometimes overwhelming. Hense: Quake! Log in (or single player) and blast the fucking shit out of whatever is in your way. Quake is my fallback when my other means don't seem to work so well. As for guns, I understand the frustrations of existance pretty well, and can understand (not agree with) why someone would rob someone at gunpoint for money to buy their crack. They choose not to work hard. They need Zen! So, I believe we all should carry a comparable gun, so when everyone's favorite neighborhood crack-thug decides to have his way with you, Darwin and natural selection of the fittest will prevail. In other words, kill him for all of us, please. But don't shoot people needlessly, that would be mean. Mean people suck. And don't ever ever steal.
I am trying to get my karma to run over my dogma, as openly as possible.
I haven't even spoken this many words in a year, but they seemed to flow just now...this post may be more appropriate for another thread, I didn't start out with that intention. Oh well, I have spilled all my innerds (tennessee word) to a group of near strangers. Hope someone gets something useful out of it Smile


You have learned well Grasshopper! Very happy
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Elusive






Sunday, July 24 2005, 17:25:37 #27664     


whats the best way to meditate?
Profile | Send PM | AIM | MSN | SKYPE
 
|DRC| Wartex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 17:47:53 #27665     


I want to object with 1 thing - "don't steal". I will never break into your apartment and steal your stereo, because you worked hard for it. But I have no problem stealing a laptop from a government office that was purchased for my tax money. In Russia if you don't steal from the government - you are not normal Very happy

In general I'm against theft, I would steal from the government in the worst case scenario. When Soviet Union was in crisis, the only way to feed your family is yank something from a plant (tires, bricks, glass, electronics, gasoline) and sell it on a street market.

Here's one of many stories how to steal stuff, note this is very witty method and may even work in USA:

You climb across the fence onto some factory/plan territory. You find some kind of vehicle like tractor. You find a hitch with a barrel or just regular cargo platform. You hook it up to the tractor and drive to the exit gate. Security will ask you what you have in the hitch, you answer say "sand" or "oil". They will ask you where you are going and present the cargo documents. You say you don't have them on you but you can leave the hitch and drive to the "construction site" to get papers on cargo and come back. Usually they agree, so you unhook the hitch and leave. Now the only problem is to sell the tractor. Very happy

There are many stories like that. Here's another one.

In Moscow, I went to a university that had railway courses. There was a 100 ft of track in a courtyard of the building and a real locomotive - just the motor part (it's mass is 120 tonnes), so that students can really drive it. Now the thing is, it has a huge motor, that has a lot of copper in coils. And copper is pretty expensive. The only way to get into the courtyard is thru a small door. Building surrounds the courtyard from 4 sides, it was built after the locomotive was put there (or it was assembled inside). One night it disappeared. Obviously you can't push a 120 tonne locomotive thru a door!!! Someone bribed security, hired a HUGE crane and they lifted it over the 5-story building, then placed on a truck and after that it disappeared. All this was done in less than 15 minutes.

Copperfield is a JOKE against these guys. Very happy
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Zenex






Sunday, July 24 2005, 18:34:32 #27667     


Steal from the govt. Hmm. Being self employed, have not paid income taxes in (mumbled uphgh sound) years, although I pay tax with every purchase I make (food, medicine for kids, anything legal). I send my kids to public schools and drive on public roads. I am probably stealing in that way.

I did a cable modem job for TBI (tennessee bureau of investigation), and ended up alone in a room with several hundred unopened palm pilots. I had my toolbag, big pockets, opportunity. I just couldn't. If my kids were hungry at that time, that may have been a different story. I would like to stand here and say in bold 24 point font 'I would not have done it!' but you do make the good point. I probably would have ebay'ed the hell out of as many as I could get. So, instead of 'don't ever ever steal', more correctly said might be '...

damn, I can't think of anything, for fear of bad karma. (did dogma teach me that one?)

As for the best way to meditate, They say to sit upright in the lotus position (indian-style with the feet on top of the thighs), touch your fingers to your thumbs, opened eyes unfocused on a point 2 feet in front of your nose, and concentrate on your breathing. Make breathing your mental focus, then let your mind venture as it will. I am not any kind of expert here, but My opinion is everytime you do something with all of your intensity (quake, art, underwater basketweaving), you have meditated. The peaceful breathing thing is good for a 'calm you down' experience and should not be overlooked, but mental exercise is the point here, and doing all things 110% is definately mental exercise. Focus Grasshopper comes to mind. The shaolin monks have certainly proven that focus of the mind can make the body do some incredible things, and they definately take time out of their day to do the peaceful breathing thing also.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
Elusive






Sunday, July 24 2005, 18:44:19 #27670     


nice soapboxes guys ROFL sell that train on ebay biotch!

on meditation
one thing is there aint no way i can get into that lotus posn. my legs will break off.

i was thinkin mental focus might be a prob cuz im ADD, but focusing on nothing might be ok. quake is def not a peaceful time usually im all jerkin around and yellin "COME THE FUCK ON@!" or "OMG HE'S HAX! OMFG!"
Cool

thanks for the tips ill give it a shot
Profile | Send PM | AIM | MSN | SKYPE
 
Zenex






Monday, July 25 2005, 14:00:34 #27706     


Wartex, when I put dedicated 2 in the command line, it only runs as console. Same with 1. I have to run dedicated 0 to even get awaiting gamestate.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
|DRC| Wartex






Monday, July 25 2005, 14:19:58 #27708     


zenex wrote:
Wartex, when I put dedicated 2 in the command line, it only runs as console. Same with 1. I have to run dedicated 0 to even get awaiting gamestate.


LOL! Yes it runs as console, then you run a second instance of quake and connect to it (\connect 127.0.0.1).
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Zenex






Monday, July 25 2005, 15:37:49 #27713     


uhhh, ummm, doh, I knew that. Really, I figured that out all by myself. Blushing
thanx
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
Zenex






Monday, July 25 2005, 17:01:00 #27714     


'Zenex WRONG X-treme Battle Client' - in the server console window. What's that mean?
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
|DRC| Wartex






Monday, July 25 2005, 17:24:43 #27715     


That your server version does not match client version.

go to xbattle.de and download latest release
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ
 
Zenex






Monday, July 25 2005, 17:56:10 #27717     


ahh yes, life is good
thanks again
Profile | Send PM | MSN | ICQ
 
Display posts from previous:   


Jump to 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



Optimized with phpBB SEO
Questions? Contact us at fubar_54-159-30-26@wartex.net