DRC - Digital reality crew logo
DRC Forum | Register | Log in | Forum help | Search

Is there a way to use a proxy server permanently for your internet connection?

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Computers
        » Is there a way to use a proxy server permanently for your internet connection?
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Death

Sunday, February 28 2010, 02:25:18 #42887     Is there a way to use a proxy server permanently for your internet connection?

I don't know if I phrased the title right but I'll try to explain as best I can.

When I lived in England I had a program called Spotify (brilliant program, I suggest you get it if you're in the area for it [mainly Europe until further notice]). It was really good, it let you listen to songs at really good quality, but only stream them and not download, which was fine by me because you can still make playlists.

It's not available in Canada and has since became inactive (it was available for 2 weeks when we moved - then shut off). If I use daveproxy.co.uk online it lets me browse with a UK IP address but is there a way to input the IP or something somewhere to permanently allow me to do this? Or at least while I use this program?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Death

Sunday, February 28 2010, 02:59:28 #42888     

Doesn't matter folks I got it working. I read up online and if you log into the Spotify website using a UK proxy, Spotify think you're in England again and they check every 14 days so if you log in at least every 2 weeks using a English proxy you'll be good.

Knowing this info now, I'd recommend you all sign up, because it doesn't matter if you're outside of the selected countries anymore Wink. It's a fantastic program.

Steps:

1/. Go to www.daveproxy.co.uk
2/. Type spotify.com in the search box
3/. Register, make up an English address and use B60 3NL as the postcode (my old school)
4/. Download the program
5/. Log into the Spotify using an English proxy once every 2 weeks.
6/. Enjoy Very happy
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Wartex

Sunday, February 28 2010, 20:04:12 #42890     

ALL your web traffic goes thru a proxy. That means operators of said proxy can easily rip your passwords and credit card numbers from the data stream. Think about it.

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Marblecake

Thursday, October 14 2010, 19:25:20 #43132     

We brick modems on accounts that try to proxy. We only let business accounts have a free for all

|DRC| Wartex

Friday, October 15 2010, 01:56:41 #43133     

you mean be proxy or using proxy.

Also, if you use Tor, there is no way to prove you are using proxies from ISP point of view.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

Jump to