Power-bocking

DRC Forum
» Sports
    » General Sports Discussion
        » Power-bocking
            » Page 1 of 1

Anonymous

Sunday, August 2 2009, 21:47:50 #42418     Power-bocking

Apparently these things have been out a couple years, but I haven't encountered anyone that has tried them out yet. There are several companies that call them different things. Pretty much, they're spring-loaded running/jumping stilts. They sell for around $300-$500 a pair.

Does anyone have a friend that has tried these things out before? They just look effin amazing. My husband and I are seriously considering getting some. We contacted an instructor in DC for a free demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJMXTEZntqQ

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Death

Sunday, August 2 2009, 22:27:32 #42419     

Lol they look fun. Never heard of anything like that in the UK before, maybe it's a US thing.

Edit: I just watched the vid, where the hell do I sign up for some of those? Very happy.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Blackshark

Monday, August 3 2009, 01:53:47 #42420     

yeah the video gives a nice impression what is possible. but i wouldn't expect death to perform those moves right away.

MissMetal i would like you to tell us what you think about them after you had the demo Very happy
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Death

Monday, August 3 2009, 05:46:45 #42421     

Yeah even one of the comments says something like "I can't do the flips how do you do it?". I reckon they're professionals on the vid.

|DRC| Wartex

Monday, August 3 2009, 18:40:05 #42422     

Hahah, about a week ago I decided to buy them, I'm making arrangements on eBay. They are called Powerisers (the original brand). They are quite heavy and you have to make sure you get the model with the correct weight range otherwise the springs will be too rigid - hard to jump. They use fiberglass type springs, which age. There are 2 models usually - classic and advanced, I find that the only difference is mounts for your feet and ball bearing versus sleeves. Classic just has foam pad while advanced have straps+clips. For starters I'd get Classic version.

This is the dude I will buy from:
http://shop.ebay.ca/merchant/frog_wild_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_fromZQQ_ipgZ

Link on YouTube

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Death

Monday, August 3 2009, 19:03:33 #42423     

How high can you realistically expect to jump on these? Like 1.5 meters?

Anonymous

Tuesday, August 4 2009, 22:46:48 #42424     

hah awesome, wartex! I haven't heard back from this dealer for the demo, but found a guy who is selling his slightly used powerreiser advanced model for $250. Probably more my husband's weight than mine though.

I'm getting too impatient for the dealer NOT to email me back again. I wanna play now Smile

|DRC| Wartex

Thursday, August 6 2009, 15:07:19 #42425     

MissMetal, the dude I found on ebay just gave me 30% off, so mine were $210 and $55 shipping to canada. Your shipping will probably be 24-30.

I bought via this link:
http://frogwild.com/sporting-goods-jumping-stilts-c-6_7/poweriser-classic-jumping-stilts-p-16

If the discount is not there, please tell him you were referred by DRC_EMARKET / Wartex from eBay, he should give you a deal. I'm sure he also sells advanced models too. His email is lawrance4@gmail.com and name is Lawrance Morrissey

|DRC| Blackshark

Thursday, August 6 2009, 20:09:46 #42426     

i demand some vids of you guys doing flips and stuff!!!

|DRC| Wartex

Saturday, August 15 2009, 08:20:24 #42436     

I got my powerizers yesterdays. Quite heavy. Tried walking around - will take time to get used to.

|DRC| Death

Saturday, August 15 2009, 09:15:40 #42437     

|DRC| Wartex wrote:
Tried walking around - will take time to get used to.

Translation: I fell over ROFL

On a serious note, they do look the kind of thing that look hard to get used to.

|DRC| Wartex

Saturday, August 15 2009, 19:40:24 #42438     

Actually I didn't fall over. I haven't adjusted them yet and the knee brace was resting about 12cm below my knee, making it hard to balance. The manual has zero information on how to wear them, it's pretty much "if you fall and die you have no right to sue us" on all 4 pages.

They are harder to stand on than regular stilts which I'm used to because you are effectively standing on a "point" rather than platform.

|DRC| SLIM

Monday, August 17 2009, 08:19:29 #42442     

I've been seeing vids of these for a while. I DEMAND videos. I am so fucking jealous..
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE

Anonymous

Thursday, August 20 2009, 06:33:15 #42452     

My legs are quite sore from walking. I'm making progress everyday I go on them though. I won't be running anytime soon, gotta keep working at it.

My husband added a bike tire "sock" over the hoof of the powerreisers so that the wear and tear goes on the bike tier, rather than the rubber hoof which costs $$ to replace.

|DRC| Wartex

Saturday, August 22 2009, 12:59:38 #42457     

|DRC| MissMetal wrote:
My legs are quite sore from walking. I'm making progress everyday I go on them though. I won't be running anytime soon, gotta keep working at it.

My husband added a bike tire "sock" over the hoof of the powerreisers so that the wear and tear goes on the bike tier, rather than the rubber hoof which costs $$ to replace.

ya I was pretty sweaty and sore the first day. I tried running in circles. Mine are 200+ LBS model so they don't spring much when running which I like.

|DRC| Wartex

Sunday, August 30 2009, 21:31:31 #42480     

Jumped around some more today, ran around and practiced height while holding onto my van's roof rack. Those things are freaking tiring and feel like they are going to fall off my feet any moment, but they stay.

|DRC| Blackshark

Monday, August 31 2009, 04:14:59 #42481     

can you please ask your wife to take some pics? Hug

Jump to