Quake Lessons

DRC Forum
» Gaming Forums
    » Quake & QuakeLive Forum
        » Quake Lessons
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| Zyprexa

Wednesday, July 15 2009, 08:00:39 #42366     Quake Lessons

was brought to their site in-game. it's a funny vid.
http://www.own3d.tv/watch/11798
Profile | Send PM

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Blackshark

Wednesday, July 15 2009, 09:34:38 #42367     

it sure is. movement and speed are major issues ROFL
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Zyprexa

Wednesday, July 15 2009, 10:05:02 #42368     

what i've learned in QL so far:
1. put enemy model to keel/green
2. listen closely to when you hit an opponent. they make a very different sound when short of being fragged
3. know the damn map! and move fast :-) it's all about speed
4. know when to use which weapon. this is closely related to 2. Also, e.g. on q3dm6, when on the bridge and someone rocket jumps to you, just use the lightning gun to keep'em down. very often you'll score a frag
5. accuracy is also really important, but that's obvious. pay close attention to how and where your opponents are moving. very often you can rocket them right before they land. oh, speaking of rockets:
6. when nearby, use rocket launcher like lightning gun, rather than shooting at the ground before them.

this being said, i'm still a newb in QL Smile getting my ass handed to me everytime. but i'm learning.
feel free to add more tips!
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Wartex

Wednesday, July 15 2009, 19:23:09 #42369     

Zyp, here's another tip: when you hear target's "near death" scream when someone else is shooting at them, use a higher firing rate weapon (like LG or MG) to finish them off. When they have less than 7 hp left, you are more likely to kill them than the original attacker because you hit them more often. I do that all the time with 80% success rate.

It's especially obvious when 2 people are shooting the same guy, one with plasma and another with machinegun.

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Death

Wednesday, July 15 2009, 20:32:12 #42370     

When I used to play I used to always do that. People used to always complain how I used to "get their frag" - well it obviously wasn't if I got them. It's a good technique. When I used to try and explain it they was like what's the "near-death" sound and thought all the sounds were random.

-Facepalm-

Also, it's a pretty crappy tip but if someone fires from the side of you, your model's head turns in the direction of where the attack comes from. Another good thing I used to do is have my railgun key lower the sensitivity, lower the FOV slightly (something like 65) and make the crosshair slightly bigger. Works very well. Then put your other weapon keys to your normal settings.

When I first found out what /cvar_restart did I went onto a server with the name "/cvar_restart" and watched all the players start going to "UnnamedPlayer" Very happy
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Isobarik

Thursday, July 16 2009, 00:04:40 #42371     

|DRC| Death wrote:
Another good thing I used to do is have my railgun key lower the sensitivity, lower the FOV slightly (something like 65) and make the crosshair slightly bigger. Works very well. Then put your other weapon keys to your normal settings.

This sounds interesting. Does the change in FOV tweak your aim off a bit?
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Thursday, July 16 2009, 07:08:09 #42372     

It's really good medium-long distance. From places like RL to MH on DM12 it's gold. Short distance, however, if people start firing at you from behind or whatever, count yourself fragged.

If the map is particularly busy, you can get 2/3 frags from one rail if you aimed well. It's a really good technique, try it out. I got told to do it by an awesome player.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Wartex

Thursday, July 16 2009, 18:16:17 #42373     

I will post my railgun sens scripts, when I scroll up it zooms in 5 steps with 5 diff sensitivities, makes rail trail thinner and fov smaller. When you scroll down it slowly zooms out.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Messiah

Sunday, July 26 2009, 23:04:29 #42415     

that was funny--

Profile | Send PM | SKYPE | ICQ

Jump to