streaming media with jinzora2

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Computers
        » streaming media with jinzora2
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| SLIM

Monday, May 18 2009, 04:22:28 #41865     streaming media with jinzora2

For my birthday I was given a 1TB hard drive. My plan was to put it in a older desktop of mine and use it as storage/backup. I installed the latest ubuntu and got samba set up pretty fast.

Then I came to the conclusion I should stream music, video, images, etc from it. So I set up Jinzora2. Everything works ok except video. It just stops after 16 seconds in VLC player and in windows media player does other fucked up less consistent things. When you set it up, you have to install LAMP, then run through the jinzora install script which changes a few php settings like max script execution time and memory limits. So I increased these even more thinking that could be it, but still have the problem. I looked through my video player settings for streaming options too, but didn't really find anything.

Now the files I am trying to stream are pretty large (approx 700mb), but I think this should still work over my LAN wirelessly to my notebook. I'm getting like 2MB/sec.

Jinzora is pretty slick, but there doesn't seem to be much support and there are weird interface issues like not having a back button in the damn settings section. You change a setting and then you have to close the window and navigate through several menus to get back and then do the whole thing over again.

Does anyone have any experience with Jinzora or know of a better alternative?
Where is that Gentoo loving motherfucker Jaguar when you need him? Tongue
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

Jump to