DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Automotive
        » Toyota Camry 94 hot air coming from vents
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| psycheus

Sunday, August 3 2008, 07:45:31 #41045     

Wartex wrote:
Psy, do you know if in Toyota Camry 94 air intake is the same pipe that gets air inside the cabin? My engine space gets so hot in summertime that I get freaking hot air blowing thru my vents even though outside air is cool.

Can you create a new topic with this question. As for the problem, please take some pictures of your engine compartment. Do you have A/C on it?

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Wartex

Sunday, August 3 2008, 11:37:54 #41046     

I have A/C but it's out of gas, want to learn to refill it myself, and can't find a fucking low pressure point (found "H" tho).

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| psycheus

Sunday, August 3 2008, 18:17:04 #41048     

TAKE PICS PLEASE! I need to see what you're looking at to help you. I'm not familiar with your car.

Regarding the A/C your car is probably R134A and you should be able to buy re-charge kits at your local auto parts store. I can also explain the correct way to charge it up. The other thing to think about is, if it's flat on it's charge then you probably have a leak some where. So just filling it will not completely solve your problem.

So about the hot air problem.. When you start the car in the morning does it take until the car is warmed up before you have this problem? Does it happen when you drive or when your stopped? What position are the climate controls in when it happens? What just occurred to me is when your car is warmed up you've also warmed up your heater core (which is how your car is heated, when the climate controls are in the heat position). Usually there is a valve that closes off the flow of hot water from your radiator to the heater core (some are motors, some are vacuum actuators). You might also want to check that out. Should be close to the firewall and you'll probably see two smaller radiator hoses.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | SKYPE

|DRC| Marblecake

Saturday, November 15 2008, 10:38:23 #41122     

Low is on pass side either behind or on bottom of motor

|DRC| Wartex

Sunday, November 16 2008, 14:28:18 #41125     

Thanks marble!

Psy: it only hapens in summer time, the problem is that outside air is significantly colder than what I have coming out of the vents, controls are 100% on "cool" and "outside air"
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

christoffmarcs

Wednesday, July 13 2011, 20:53:40 #43606     

Old thread but just thought of sharing a bit of info for those who will be able to drop by with the same problem. psycheus is correct, but here is a more precise step by step process on Toyota Camry repair. Check it. Same happened to my accord, and I relied on the process. Still works today.

Jump to