DRC - Digital reality crew logo
DRC Forum | Register | Log in | Forum help | Search

Virtualization & Redundant Backups (HVAC Johnson Controls ADX BMS Frontend & Site)

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Computers
        » Virtualization & Redundant Backups (HVAC Johnson Controls ADX BMS Frontend & Site)
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| psycheus

Thursday, May 17 2012, 12:26:23 #43972     Virtualization & Redundant Backups (HVAC Johnson Controls ADX BMS Frontend & Site)

I have a customer site that has a computer (workstation) used for a server, serving an energy management system (EMS/BMS). It's Johnson Controls ADX Frontend (Extended Application and Data Server). There have been issues in the past with database corruption and proper backups of the site etc.. I need some help in strategies I can use to virtualize the workstation and have backup protection and redundant restart if system or database fails.

Here's what I'm trying to do;

Have a rack mounted server with VMWare or other Virtualization system on it. Run a virtualized computer with database and software on it. Do a daily or other specified backup of the virtual computer running (per customer specification). Then have some conditions of when to startup the newest back of the virtual computer, i.e. in an event of database failure, program/computer crash or database corruption.

I'm 99% sure this is possible but haven't found anyone that has done it and broke down how they did it.

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

Jump to