Web development

DRC Forum
» Personal Interests
    » Computers
        » Web development
            » Page 1 of 1

|DRC| SLIM

Wednesday, April 15 2009, 05:33:34 #41430     Web development

I know that in the past there were quite a few DRC people that were into web development. I'm wondering if any still are and if so, what technologies you are into.

I am always playing around with something, but most recently I've been using CodeIgniter(a lightweight/well documented/forgiving php framework) with MySQL and JQuery on the clientside.

JQuery is the framework that I am least familar with, but it seems to be very intuitive. When I need to do something with it, it never takes too long to figure out and the pluggins are fucking incredible to me. So easy to implement.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE

Sponsored Ad

Today #     Sponsored Ads

|DRC| Zyprexa

Wednesday, April 15 2009, 15:08:56 #41450     

The last thing I done was a Java EE application, a web store for music (school project). Hit me up if you'd like to know more about that. I don't even know if I've got you on any messenger... or are you using facebook or something the like?
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Death

Wednesday, April 15 2009, 18:20:06 #41451     

I used to tinker but more toward the actual design rather than scripting. What you lot are saying doesn't even make sense to me. As time has gone on I've kinda drifted from it and don't really do a lot anymore Sad
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | MSN | ICQ

|DRC| Blackshark

Thursday, April 16 2009, 05:01:35 #41454     

web development is my daily job. so basicly i do php for backend perl for services and mysql as a quick and easy database (don't underestimate the powerfull engines and no i do not mean MYISAM). for frontend i use YUI http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/ i like it alot better than all the other js frameworks because it leaves the code intact without inventing a new language from javascript.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| SLIM

Thursday, April 16 2009, 09:13:35 #41457     

Zyprexa, I assume that it isnt live since it was a school project? Did you write it in Netbeans? My yahoo messanger name is q3slim, I havent used it in years. Ill have to install it soon. Im on myspace (myspace.com/timf_44).. I know I know, most of my friends use it over facebook :/

Death, you dont play games or do much web design stuff anymore?? Common bro! I see your interests are now Golf, Squash, Health & Fitness, Bodybuilding, Music. Dumping computers and going after the ladies? Tongue

Blackshark, that is very cool to me that this is your daily job. Are you working independently or with a company? You said you do backend perl for services and mysql.. Im not real clear on what you mean by that, can you give me a recent example. Which database engines do you use? Do you need one that is transactional? I use MYISAM, but it does bother me having taken db classes and not really defining/enforcing relationships and integrity.I will have to take a look at YUI. The main reason I chose JQuery is because, from what I read, it is becoming a favorite.
Profile | Send PM | AIM | YIM | SKYPE

|DRC| Zyprexa

Thursday, April 16 2009, 12:54:58 #41468     

Yo Slim! I did indeed write it using Netbeans, although afaic Eclipse is the better choice! FAR better choice. Until it comes to EE development. There Netbeans deserves a better grade. The thing was never "online" as in the www. We have an internal network here at the University.

I'd like to know more about what projects you're doing Wink
Profile | Send PM

|DRC| Blackshark

Friday, April 17 2009, 05:59:27 #41482     

with "perl for backend" i mean services like file delivery or converter which have unknown uptimes are better off with a solid language. php is half way there but there are still some minor problems when used in combination with apache_mod or cgi like the memory consumption and script uptime duration.

when you want to use mysql AND a true relational database engine you have to switch your tables to InnoDB which is the current high performance database engine for mysql.

i am going on a buisinesstrip over the weekend but i can tell you how to use foreign keys and change conditions when i am back.
Profile | Send PM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| Wartex

Friday, April 17 2009, 16:21:19 #41485     

May I humbly mention I rewrote half the forum code, modded the shit out of it and continue to apply patches and modify database structure on a continuous basis Nerd

Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | YIM | MSN | SKYPE | ICQ

|DRC| psycheus

Wednesday, April 29 2009, 11:59:31 #41616     Re: re

sharon100 wrote:
Web development integrated with seo techniques is the best way to develop a site.......

web development services

Did anyone click on this spammers site?

who is lookup wrote:
WHOIS information for prodigyapex.com :

Registration Service Provided By: NETLYNX INC

Domain Name: PRODIGYAPEX.COM

Registrant:
PrivacyProtect.org
Domain Admin (contact@privacyprotect.org)
P.O. Box 97
Note - All Postal Mails Rejected, visit Privacyprotect.org
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Creation Date: 22-Mar-2008
Expiration Date: 22-Mar-2010

Domain servers in listed order:
seo2.allwebserver.com
seo1.allwebserver.com

Administrative Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Technical Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

Billing Contact:
PrivacyProtect.org
P.O. Box 97
Moergestel
null,5066 ZH
NL
Tel. +45.36946676

PRIVACYPROTECT.ORG is providing privacy protection services to this domain name to
protect the owner from spam and phishing attacks. PrivacyProtect.org is not
responsible for any of the activities associated with this domain name. If you wish
to report any abuse concerning the usage of this domain name, you may do so at
http://privacyprotect.org/contact. We have a stringent abuse policy and any
complaint will be actioned within a short period of time.

The data in this whois database is provided to you for information purposes only,
that is, to assist you in obtaining information about or related
to a domain name registration record. We make this information available "as is",
and do not guarantee its accuracy. By submitting a whois query, you agree that you will
use this data only for lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:
(1) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that stress
or load this whois database system providing you this information; or
(2) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited,
commercial advertising or solicitations via direct mail, electronic mail, or by telephone.
The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this data is expressly prohibited without
prior written consent from us. The Registrar of record is Netlynx, Inc..
We reserve the right to modify these terms at any time.
By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.
Profile | Send PM | WWW | AIM | SKYPE

Jump to